I woke up early Friday morning to snow in OKC. Jumped on the airplane and landed a few hours later in beautiful sunny San Diego. It was so nice to transition from winter to spring in no time. And not only was I thrilled to be spending my extended weekend in paradise, I was lucky enough to be spending it with a good friend. It was a great adventure.
A few highlights from my trip:
- Walking tour of Coronado Island
- The world famous San Diego Zoo
- Riding bikes in the California rain
- Walking along Moonlight Beach in Encinitas (tsunami advisory=big waves)
- Going to church at one of the most gorgeous LDS church buildings with an open courtyard and an ocean view (Cardiff By Sea)
- Driveway game of HORSE
- Playing basketball with her brothers and dad (fun though not quite the enjoyment I get as with playing with my brothers)
-Watching movies, BYU basketball, olympic closing ceremonies- Good food galore. Fresh baked bread every morning. Just picked, sun-kissed strawberries. A delectable spread of home-made dinner every night.
- A walk along the harbor in downtown S.D. and lunch in Little Italy
Ms. February brought a renewed hope and happiness in my life. Mr. March decided to crush all that. What else does 2010 have in store for me?
Maybe it was just a dream...